IMEACHTA AN CHOISTE.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE.
Dé Ceadaoin, 17adh Meitheamh, 1942.
Wednesday, 17th June, 1942.
1. The Committee met at 11 a.m.
2. Present: Deputy Dillon (in the Chair), Deputies Allen, B. Brady, Cormac Breathnach, Hogan, Hughes, McMenamin and O’Rourke.
3. Consideration of the Appropriation Accounts for the year 1940-41 was resumed. The following Accounts were disposed of: Office of the Revenue Commissioners, Old Age Pensions, Compensation Bounties, President’s Establishment, Houses of the Oireachtas, Department of the Taoiseach, Office of the Minister for Finance, State Laboratory, Civil Service Commission, Property Losses Compensation, Commissions and Special Inquiries, Superannuation and Retired Allowances, Rates on Government Property, Secret Service, Expenses under the Electoral Act and the Juries Act, Miscellaneous Expenses, Supplementary Agricultural Grants, Law Charges, Universities and Colleges, Quit Rent Office, Management of Government Stocks, Employment Schemes, Irish Tourist Board, Repayments to Contingency Fund, Emergency Scientific Research Bureau, Comptroller and Auditor General.
4. Mr. W. D. Carey (Chairman, Revenue Commissioners), Mr. J. J. McElligott (Secretary, Department of Finance), Mr. G. P. S. Hogan (Department of Finance), and Mr. J. Maher (Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General) were examined.
5. The Committee adjourned at 12.30 p.m.