IMEACHTA AN CHO-CHOISTE.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE.
Dé Máirt, 5 Feabhra, 1929.
Tuesday, 5 February, 1929.
1. The Joint Committee met at 11 a.m.
2. Present: Deputies Anthony, Cooper, P. S. Doyle, and McEntee; Senators Bennett, Parkinson and MacLoughlin.
3. It was announced that the Chairman was unavoidably absent.
Motion made (Deputy P. S. Doyle):
“That Senator Bennett be Chairman of this meeting of the Joint Committee.”
Question put and agreed to.
Senator Bennett took the Chair accordingly.
4. Mr. P. J. Quinn (President, National Teachers’ Organisation) and Mr. T. P. Gill (Chairman, Central Savings Committee), (with whom were the Rev. J. Flanagan, P.P., Mr. L. MacNeive and Mr. H. A. Mullett, B.L.) were examined.
5. It was decided to invite Representatives of the Catholic Church, the Church of Ireland, the Presbyterian Church and the Methodist Church to give evidence.
6. The Joint Committee adjourned at 1.15 p.m. till next Tuesday.