IMEACHTA AN CHOISTE.
THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE.
Dé Céadaoin, 30ú Bealtaine, 1945.
Wednesday, 30th May, 1945.
1. The Committee met at 11 a.m.
2. Present: Deputy Cosgrave (in the Chair), Deputies Briscoe, P. Cogan, M. E. Dockrell, Loughman, and Sheldon.
3. Consideration of the Appropriation Accounts for the year 1943-44 was resumed. The following Accounts were disposed of:—Office of the Minister for Justice, Gárda Síochána, Prisons, District Court, Supreme Court and High Court of Justice, Land Registry and Registry of Deeds, Circuit Court, National Health Insurance, Widows’ and Orphans’ Pension, Local Government and Public Health, and General Register Office, Office of the Revenue Commissioners, Old Age Pensions, Compensation Bounties, Public Record Office and Dundrum Asylum.
4. Mr. S. A. Roche (Secretary, Department of Justice). Mr. J. Hurson (Secretary, Department of Local Government and Public Health), Mr. T. Cleary (Chairman, Revenue Commissioners), Mr. D. Coffey (Public Record Office) and Dr. G. W. Scroope (Dundrum Asylum), Mr. C. S. Almond, Mr. G. P. S. Hogan and Mr. L. M. Fitzgerald (Department of Finance) and the Comptroller and Auditor General were examined.
5. The Committee adjourned at 12.45 p.m. till Thursday, 21st June, 1945.