IMEACHTA AN CHOISTE.
THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE.
Déardaoin, 17ú Bealtaine, 1945.
Thursday, 17th May, 1945.
1. The Committee met at 11 a.m.
2. Present: Deputies B. Brady, P. Cogan, Cosgrave, M. E. Dockrell, Gorry Loughman, Lydon, Pattison, and, Sheldon.
3. Motion made (Deputy Gorry):—
“That Deputy Cosgrave be Chairman of the Committee.”
Question put and agreed to.
Deputy Cosgrave took the Chair accordingly.
4. Consideration of the Appropriation Accounts for the year 1943-44 was resumed. The following Accounts were disposed of:—President’s Establishment, Houses of the Oireachtas, Depart ment of the Taoiseach, Office of the Minister for Finance, State Laboratory, Civil Service Commission, Irish Tourist Board, Commissions and Special Inquiries, Superannuation and Retired Allowances, Rates on Government Property, Secret Service, Expenses under the Electoral Act and the Juries Act, Miscellaneous Expenses, Supplementary Agricultural Grants, Law Charges, Universities and Colleges, Management of Government Stocks, Emergency Scientific Research Bureau, Damage to Property (Neutrality) Compensation, Personal Injuries (Civilians) Compensation, Alleviation of Distress, and Repayments to Contingency Fund.
5. Mr. J. J. McElligott (Secretary, Department of Finance), and the Comptroller and Auditor General were examined.
6. The Chairman brought forward a Draft Interim Report which was read the first and second time and passed.
Ordered: To report accordingly.
7. The Committee adjourned at 12.30 p.m. till Wednesday, 30th May, 1945.