IMEACHTA AN CHOISTE.
THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE.
Déardaoin, 15adh Abrán, 1943.
Thursday, 15th April, 1943.
1. The Committee met at 11 a.m.
2. Present: Deputies Benson, B. Brady, Breathnach, Dillon, Fagan, Hogan, Hughes, Loughman and McCann.
3. Motion made (Deputy Hughes):—
“That Deputy Dillon be Chairman of the Committee.”
Question put and agreed to.
Deputy Dillon took the Chair accordingly.
4. Consideration of the Appropriation Accounts for the year 1941-42 was taken up. The follow Accounts were disposed of:—National Health Insurance, Widows’ and Orphans’ Pensions, Local Government and Public Health, General Register Office, Stationery and Printing, Office of the Minister for Justice, Gárda Síochána, Prisons, District Court, Supreme Court and High Court of Justice, Land Registry and Registry of Deeds, Circuit Court, Valuation and Boundary Survey, Ordnance Survey.
5. Mr. J. Hurson (Secretary, Local Government and Public Health), Mr. J. B. Whelehan (Controller, Stationery Office), Mr. S. A. Roche (Secretary Department of Justice), Mr. C. C. McElligott (Commissioner of Valuation), Mr. C. S. Almond, Mr. O. J. Redmond and Mr. L. M. Fitzgerald (Department of Finance), and the Comptroller and Auditor General were examined.
6. The Committee considered communications from the Department of Finance (See Appendix X V I) on the subject of proposed alterations in the form of the Estimates. The Committee agreed to the proposed alterations.
7. The Committee adjourned at 12.30 p.m. till Thursday, 6th May.