IMEACHTA AN CHO-CHOISTE.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE JOINT COMMITTEE.
Dé Céadaoin, 22adh Bealtaine, 1935.
Wednesday, 22nd May, 1935.
1. The Joint Committee met at 2.30 p.m.
2. Present: Deputy J. M. Dillon, Chairman; Deputies R. Corish, J. Good and S. Moore; Senators J. C. Dowdall, M. Staines and R. Wilson.
3. The Additional Provisions referred to the Joint Committee by Resolution of the Seanad of the 23rd May, 1934, concurred in by Resolution of the Dáil of the 24th May, 1934, were read.
4. Sections considered, amended and agreed to.
5. Question put:—
Travelling expenses of Commissioners.
“That before section 31 a new section be inserted as follows:—
Every member of the Board residing five miles or more from the principal office of the Board shall be entitled, by way of contribution to his travelling expenses, to be paid, for every meeting of the Board which he shall attend, at the fixed rate of fivepence for every entire mile calculated by the most direct route from his residence to that office, and section 48 of the Commissioners’ Clauses Act, 1847, shall in its application to the Board be construed subject to the provisions of this section.’”
The Joint Committee divided: For, 4; Against, 1.
For:—Deputy Corish, Senators Dowdall, Staines and Wilson.
The Question was declared carried accordingly.
6. Other sections considered, amended and agreed to.
7. Question put:—
“That the word ‘continuous’ be inserted before the word ‘service’ where it occurs secondly in line 2 of the First Schedule.
The Joint Committee divided: For, 2; Against, 4.
For:—Deputy Good and Senator Wilson.
Against:—Deputies Corish and Moore Senators Staines and Wilson.
The Question was declared negatived accordingly.
8. Schedules agreed to.
9. Title amended.
10. Report read and agreed to.
11. Ordered to report to both Houses.
12. Ordered that the evidence be printed in pursuance of S.O. 81 (Private Business).