IMEACHTA AN CHO-CHOISTE.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE JOINT COMMITTEE.
Déardaoin, 16adh Bealtaine, 1935.
Thursday, 16th May, 1935.
1. The Joint Committee met at 10.30 a.m.
2. Present: Deputy J. M. Dillon, Chairman; Deputies R. Corish, J. Good and S. Moore; Senators J. C. Dowdall, M. Staines and R. Wilson.
3. Sir Cyril Kirkpatrick, recalled and examined, Sir John Purser Griffith, M.I.C.E.; Mr. W. N. Binns, Engineer, Galway Harbour; Mr. M. J. Kennedy, Galway County Surveyor; Mr. James S. Campbell, Secretary, Galway Harbour Commissioners; Mr. John G. Browne, Acting Town Clerk, Galway; Mr. C. J. O’Flynn, Secretary, County Council; Mr. Eamonn Ua Corbain (Corbett), Chairman, Galway County Council; Mr. Martin J. Cooke, Chairman, Galway Urban Council; Mr. P. O’Gorman, Galway Chamber of Commerce; Captain Tierney, Harbour Master, Galway; and Mr. John Connolly, were sworn and examined.
Room cleared. The Committee deliberated.
4. Question: “That the Preamble is proved inasmuchas the Committee are satisfied that the proposals for the improvement and development of Galway Harbour are adequate and that the capacity of the Corporation referred to in the Preamble supported by its guarantors to raise the required moneys is indubitable”—put and agreed to.
7. Parties called in and informed of the decision of the Joint Committee.
8. Consideration of sections adjourned till Wednesday, 22nd May, 1935, at 2.30 p.m.
9. The Joint Committee adjourned at 6.40 p.m. until Wednesday, 22nd May, at 2.30 p.m.