IMEACHTAÍ AN CHOMHCHOISTE.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE JOINT COMMITTEE.
Dé Máirt, 8 Bealtaine, 1979.
Tuesday, 8th May, 1979.
1. The Committee met at 3.30 p.m.
2. Members Present.
The following members were present:—
Deputy Fitzpatrick (Cavan-Monaghan) (in the Chair), Deputies Doherty, Horgan and L. Lawlor, Senators Cassidy, Hillery and Molony.
3. Appearances for the Promoters.
Mr. Brian McCracken, S.C. and Messrs A. & L. Goodbody, Parliamentary Agents, appeared for the Promotors, The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland.
4. Hearing in support of Preamble.
Mr. Brian McCracken, S.C. was heard in support of the Preamble of the Bill and called evidence.
5. Witnesses Examined.
Dr. Kieran Barry, Registrar, Dr. David Mitchell, Treasurer, Dr. Bryan Alton, Director of Education and Dr. Alan P. Grant, President, The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland; and Mr. Marcus Beresford of A. & L. Goodbody, sworn and examined.
6. The Committee deliberated.
7. Minutes of Evidence.
Ordered: That, pursuant to Standing Order 80 (Private Business), the evidence be not printed.
8. Consideration of Bill.
The Committee took the Bill into consideration.
(i) Preamble proved.
(ii) Sections 1 to 16, inclusive, agreed to.
(iii) Title agreed to.
9. Report of Committee.
Draft Report brought in by the Chairman (Deputy Fitzpatrick) read a first and second time and passed as follows:—
1. The Joint Committee reports that it has examined the Preamble of the Bill and has found that the allegations therein contained have been proved to its satisfaction.
2. The Committee has considered the Bill and has made no amendments thereto.
Ordered: To report to both Houses accordingly.
10. Conclusion of Business.
The Committee concluded its business at 5.20 p.m.