IMEACHTA AN CHOISTE.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE.
Déardaoin, 15 Márta, 1956.
Thursday, 15th March, 1956.
1. The Committee met at 2.30 p.m. in Room 106.
2. The following members were present:
An Cathaoirleach (Senator Baxter) in the Chair; Senators Crosbie, Hawkins, Michael Hayes, Hickey, Kissane, L’Estrange, Ó Buachalla, O’Connell and Stanford.
3. The Order of Seanad Éireann referring the Cathaoirleach’s Ruling on Amendment No. 3 tabled by Senator Murphy for the Committee Stage of the Local Government (Superannuation) Bill, 1955, was read.
4. The Committee deliberated.
5. The Committee agreed unanimously to the following Report:—
1. The Committee examined the matter referred to it by Order of Seanad Éireann of 14th March, 1956, namely, the decision of the Cathaoirleach that amendment No. 3 tabled by Senator Murphy for the Committee Stage or the Local Government (Superannuation) Bill, 1955, was out of order as tending to increase the charge upon State funds.
2. The Committee concurs unanimously in the ruling given by the Cathaoirleach on the amendment.
Ordered: To report accordingly.
6. The Committee adjourned at 3 p.m.